Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

Reflective windows

Guest PhLem

Hi Guys,I have posted a shot of my a/c. The problem is when I add a reflective texture, the windows become reflective but lose their opacity. Can anybody help me out on this one.Regards,Udo.:-wave

This is how i did my windows:Basically they are a blue colored texture with some light gray in alpha channel. Texture name is simply stdwindow.tga (.bmp).I add this texture to diffuse color map AND to highlight color map. Now they are non transparent since alpha channel is interpreted as reflectiveness when setting it to highlight color map. Then set opacity to 20 or so to make them transparent.Hope this helps.Doc

Guest PhLem

Thank you for your reply Doc. I always wondered what texture you could use in the highlight color. I will definately try that one out. My windows are done in a greenish color just like on some small planes like Cessna's. Many thanks !!!Udo.:-wave