Sign in to follow this  

how do you create a wing in gmax, help pls

hello all..looking for a tutoral that will show me how to create a wing in gmax.. not sure how.. me a newbie. "WHAT SHAPE DO YOU START WITH AND HOW DO YOU CREATE A JETLINER WING.." done the tutoral for WWII aircraft and craft with straght wings, but do you do a swep wing design. sorry for the newbie question.**********************************************LOOKING FOR "PhLem" AND "Lionel Goh" IF INTERSTED PLS CONTACT ME; IF WANTING TO COLABERT ON THE PROJECT OF AN ERJ**********************************************trying to create a ERJ-170 embrear and higher series (170, 175, 190, 195). Simaler to an A320 in specs and size.. but looks cooler i think. any one willing to help is welcome..send email to dtrifiletti@yahoo.com; title message "embrear" plus any other header pls.(nose is done, needing help in other areas if interested.)chat laterboygenius

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Boygenius,Well, send me a mail, I'll try to do the wing for you. lemmie@gloabalxs.nlUdo.Project Saab 2000:-wave

Here's a simple procedure. I asume you're familiar with using the transform gizmo (the three-coloured arrows), modifiers and the modifier stack.1. Create a cylinder in the side view (the side view shows the wing cross-section). Choose the number of sections as appropriate.2. Using non-uniform scale, squash the cylinder so it is a thin ellipse with approximately the right thickness for the wing.3. Add an Edit Mesh modifier to the stack and open it for vertex (point) editing.4. Still in the side view, select each vertex in turn by drawing a square around it. This will select all the vertices behind the visible one. Move the slected vertex as appropriate to create the desired cross section shape. As all the vertices behind were selected, this will create the correct cross section for the full length of the wing.5. Now switch to the top view. The wing will appear as a rectangle. Use non-uniform scale to adjust the width and length as appropriate.6. Add a background image to get the correct wing shape.7. In vertex mode, edit each line of vertices as required. By 'line' I mean a line of vertices that runs from the front edge of the wing to the back. Select a line by drawing a box around it.8. With a line selected, use combinations of move and non-uniform scale to fit the line against the image. Be sure to select the correct arrow on the transform gizmo so that you move the vertices only in the forward-back direction.9. When you have fitted all the lines to the image you will have the correct shaped wing!10. In the front view, use non uniform scale to adjust the wing thickness as needed. Hope this helps. Best regards, Chris