Sign in to follow this  

jumping needle

Hi,I am a newbie regarding gauges and I need some basic help.I am trying to make an airspeed meter but my needle is jumping a lot in center of the needle. It is not centrated in the middle. I think it can have something do with the axis ? Could somebody please explain how it works with the axis. I have checked Dai's tutorial without finding guidande.BrgdsEugenIncludes my code(A:Airspeed select indicated or true,knots)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I am trying to make an airspeed meter but my needle is >jumping a lot in center of the needle. It is not centrated >in the middle. I think it can have something do with the >axis ? Could somebody please explain how it works with the >axis. I have checked Dai's tutorial without finding >guidande. >ImageSizes="186,177,297,283"/> > > Your 640 image size is defined as 186,177...The center of that image therefore, would be: > Bright="Yes" ImageSizes="83.5,20,112,32"> > Since the needle points "East", the Axis point will be defined as x number of pixels from the left end of the needle. The y value should be 1/2 of the width of the image. This will establish the 'pivot point' for the rotation command. This would leave you with an effective needle length of 73.5 (why such a strange number?)...>MetircID="TOOLTIPTEXT_AIRSPEED_KILOS"/> The rest looks fine, except for the spelling of MetricID... :)I hope this will help!

Hi Bill,Thanks for your help, it was a stupid count error on the needle length it should have been 70, I think I got a grip about how the axis work. My gauge is now working :-)Thanks again for your support :-)BrgdsEugen

>Hi Bill, >>Thanks for your help, it was a stupid count error on the >needle length it should have been 70, I think I got a grip >about how the axis work. My gauge is now working :-) >>Thanks again for your support :-) You are most welcome. I'm still rather 'new' myself! I didn't realize when I started this "simple" Socata TB20GT Trinidad panel project that I'd have to work so hard! :)But, while there is some satisfaction in re-creating what's already been done, it gets much more rewarding when you make something entirely new, that's never been done before!I had to create a EDM 700 EGT/CGT gauge, and a Shadin Fuel Flow Computer gauge... :)If it weren't for folks like Arne Bartells, Dai Griffiths, Karl Petterson, and a handful of others, we'd be totally screwed, 'cause the MS SDK is about as useless at teats on a boar! :)