Sign in to follow this  
Guest odog

default prop textures

Guest odog

hi all,does anyone know how to apply the default prop textures in gmax...i just cant get my mind around it, i can see all three speed versions are there, but when i apply them to the disc it looks very strange.please help.odog

How do you mean by 'very strange'?If you mean they look funny in gMax, then they probably will as gMax won't render them in the same way as FS2002. Also the sample prop disk tga's are designed so that you can get all three versions of the prop textures on one bitmap. This is achieved using the UVW Unwrap modifier, which allows you to edit how the faces that make up the prop disk are mapped onto the bitmap. Although not specifically about prop disks you can find some videos of gMax mapping techniques here:http://supadetail.gmaxsupport.comYou may find that it's easier to just have separate prop textures, either getting them from another plane (with permission) or making your own. The following tutorial shows you how to do the latter using Photoshop, the second part is obsolete now as it predates the newer version of DXTBmp, Imagetool being available and FS2002. These days you'd just save as a .tga and save out again using Imagetool or DXTBmp.http://www.supadetail.co.uk/fsds_tutorials.aspHave funFinn

Guest odog

Thanks Finni didnt know you could break the vertices. that really makes editing the mod much easier.ODOG