Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Reflective Texture Software?

Hi Everyone,I've tried so many times to do reflective textures on my software. I don't use Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro. I've learnt to use Fireworks for most of my 2D-style graphics needs over the years. I was wondering if anyone knows of a program out there that one can get to do the alpha channel sequence without the need for Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro? Also, what's the requirement on file naming with the _T in the filename, etc? I've read confusing posts regarding the use of this, whether it's required or not. I am aware of the "hasReflectMap" option in makeMDL needing to be enabled.If someone could point me in a possible direction that would be great.Thanks,Rotorhead.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Check out "DXTBmp" at http://fly.to/mwgfx/. It has simplified the process for me. I create one texture of the paint scheme I want. Save it as "XXXXXX_t.bmp". Then create a 256 x 256 texture which is nothing but grayscale. Vary the darkness for reflectivity. Save it as "XXXXXX_Alpha.Bmp" (Just my naming method). Go into DWTBmp, load the "Normal" file, XXXXXX_t.bmp, then import the "Alpha" texture, (AlphaImport Alpha Channel), then save as "XXXXXX_t.bmp" to your aircraft texture directory. On your model, assign the original "XXXXXX_t.bmp" (Non Alpha) to the area needed. The name must match and include the _t suffux.I would think and decent graphics pack could provide the basic files to be used. I do use Paint Shop Pro, but not their Alpha setup. the above is far simpler.Bob C.