Sign in to follow this  

GMAX Can't Export my Spitfire Anymore!

Hello everyone... I am a rookie aircraft designer...I'm making a Spitfire Mk.22 for FS2002/CFS2/CFS3. Now I'm in the stage of applying the textures in GMAX...I've done the fin and rear wings and to my surprise (and utter horror) I discovered that MakeMDL can no longer convert my Spitfire to a correct .X file...I thought it was just MakeMDL not working eright, but then I tried exporting ym Lancaster and it worked fine straight away...any ideas as to which could be causing this?Thanks for any help in advance. ;D

Take a look in the folder you're exporting to, in it you should find an error log file. Common errors (and solutions) can be found on Chris File's site:http://takeoff.to/landingHave funFinn

I did...it says the .X wasn't the correct format...I mentioned it on my last post...

Whitey - you can run but you can't hide...:)I believe that your problem ended up being a slight mismatch in one of the names in your aircraft.cfg file...?

Can you tell me how can you export your gmax file in a mdl file? I have Makemdl.exe in the plugins, but in the export options there aren't the .mdl format.Thanks

Guest FelixFFDS

Did you install gmax initially from the FS2002 Professional Edition?>Can you tell me how can you export your gmax file in a mdl>file? I have Makemdl.exe in the plugins, but in the export>options there aren't the .mdl format.>>ThanksFelix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

No, I installed Gmax before FS2002 and I took it from the discreet site. What have I to do??

>No, I installed Gmax before FS2002 and I took it from the>discreet site. What have I to do??You must have FSModelExp.dle installed in the gmaxplugins folder in order to export. This export plugin was only provided with FS2002 Pro edition. It is the FSModelExp.dle that creates the .x file(s) that are used by makemdl.exe to generate the .mdl file.The export process goes like this:gmax => FSModelExp.dle => MakeMDL.exe => .mdlBillAVSIM OmbudsmanFounder and Director,Creative Recycling of Aircraft Partshttp://catholic-hymns.com/frbill/FS2002/images/fartslogo.jpg