Sign in to follow this  

Is there no Rendeer in G-Max?

HiIs it just me or is there no way to render your object in G-Max? Everything looks the same as 3D-Max but there is no render button!ThanksMike

Guest cwright

Mike, Gmax does have a renderer - it's called FS2002! Remember that Gmax is free and its specific purpose is to make objects for use in games that have Gmax game packs. If Gmax could render just like 3ds max, then you could download Gmax for free and use it for rendering with no need for 3ds max - not a good business approach for Discreet. Hence no render button.... Best regards, Chris

Thanks Chris.Yeah, it makes sense to not include a render, but can I make my planes in 3D Max and import them into G-Max and then to FS?Take careMike

Or you could export .x files and use them directly in MakeMDL without having to go through gMax at all. This is basically how they do it at MS.If you do want to go via gMax I'd recommend using the 3DS format as the intermediary. Make sure you use version 1.1 as the built in importers work much better than the scripted ones that you need if you're using gMax 1.0.Have funFinn