Sign in to follow this  

Eliminating AI "Go Around"

I am not sure if this has been brought up or this is the right forum, i am not into designing or know behind scenes of fs2k2, but i noticed that last 2 miles before landing and previous a/c didn't clear runway, the landing a/c has to go around, my question is ??is there a way to reduce the landing clearance to about 0 or 1/4 mile, so this way a/c on runway got more chance to vacate it??it was just a thought of my part, i am new lately to these forums, i was not sure if it was discussed already?thx all for attentionKraamer

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Kraamer.I am also a newbee, and have been frequenting this forum for only a couple of weeks now, but learning a lot with the more experienced.Let's see what other people's opinions on this are, but as far as I know, by reading the SDK, it is not possible to alter the AI logic, meaning, the way FS runs the AI engine. That is hard-coded into the program. The only thing we can do are minor, like changes to schedules and flightplans, add more AI, and get a list of the AI aircraft to be used, for example, on a TCAS gauge.

Thx for advise, didn't realise that, problem with me is i can't finf these things like sDK or how to open em up or read em. always worried that i might mess em up.thx, Kraamer

Hello Kraamer.Try http://zone.msn.com/flightsim/FS02DevDeskSDK00.aspYou should be able to download the files no problem (there is a short list of all SDKs available at the end of this page), and install them (they are EXE ZIP files, which means they are ZIP files that, when double clicked on, will automatically ask you were you want to extract). Then all you have to do is go to the directory they extracted too (C:fssdk, if you didn't change the extraction directory) and open the DOC files. There are also some other types of files with different SDKs, but by reading the DOC files you will understand what those are for.Let me know if it still doesn't work.

>I am not sure if this has been brought up or this is the >right forum, i am not into designing or know behind scenes >of fs2k2, but i noticed that last 2 miles before landing and >previous a/c didn't clear runway, the landing a/c has to go >around, my question is ??is there a way to reduce the >landing clearance to about 0 or 1/4 mile, so this way a/c on >runway got more chance to vacate it?? Actually, the TTools forum is the most appropriate place for the question, but since you're here and I'm here too... :)The short answer is that there are several things we can do to reduce the occurance of 'go arounds:'1) AISpeed_2.zip This program will allow you to either temporarily or permanently alter the taxispeed of AI a/c. There are a total of five separate parameters that you can adjust, including straight taxiways, and turns. I recommend that the highest speed be raised to no more than 25-30 kts!2) AFCAD. This program will allow you to alter the runway assignments at specified airports (multiple runway usage), as well as add/correct gate/parking locations. At larger airports, designating one runway for takeoffs and another for landings, and adding a *lot* of new gates /parking spaces will greatly reduce the incidence of 'go arounds.'3) TTools & AI Schedulers. These utilities will allow you to customize the AI traffic, and either reduce it or increase it as you like.Join the TTools Forum here at AVSIM.COM to learn more! :)Happy Flying...