Sign in to follow this  

Texture Templates Tool Questions - please read.

Hi to all, After a long time making repaints of AC, I decided to go back to my modeling times. I recall using a tool called Lithunwrap, which I DL, but unfortunately I lost on my last HD crash....I heard is payware now, is it the same version that was freeware long time ago? If it's another version, where can I get the free one, and what has been added in the update?If the freeware is no longer available, are there any others utlilities for the job, are they expensive?what is the best tool to do the texture templates for a newly designed model?Thanks for your help, this is for an FPS friendly ATR that is in the works now ;-)

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I heard is payware now, is it the same version that was >freeware long time ago? >>If it's another version, where can I get the free one, and >what has been added in the update? >>If the freeware is no longer available, are there any others >utlilities for the job, are they expensive? It is an improved and updated version of the same tool, and is very modestly priced.Run a search using http://dogpile.com using the keyword "LithUnwrap" and you will locate the same site I did, that still has a copy of the freeware release available for d/l.You will also need to d/l the "Tempest Gamepak" from www.discreet.com...Do not install the Gamepak, but simply open it with WinZip and extract the plugin for GMAX (md3exp.dle) and drop it in your gmaxplugins folder.I wish someone had told methat before I wasted time trying to install Tempest! :)Oh yes, in case you didn't read this earlier, BEWARE of the "Never On A Sunday" BUG in GMAX. If you want to work with GMAX on a Sunday, change the computer's clock to any other day of the week! :)

Thanks a lot, you saved me a LOT of time!.Didn't know anything about sundays, that's very weird...Ok, now I have to start over again with this gmax... I have already forgot how to do it...

>Thanks a lot, you saved me a LOT of time!. >>Didn't know anything about sundays, that's very weird... I'll save you a bit more time:http://www.willsongraphics.com/Utility.htmClick on either of the pictures to d/l lithunwrap_setup.zipI would strongly encourage to purchase the newer release, simply because it's the 'right thing to do' to show our appreciation to this gentleman's excellent work.Even though our only use for the program is to convert the .md3 export from GMAX to a .bmp texture file, it would be more difficult to do without this tool! :)

>I would strongly encourage to purchase the newer release, simply because it's the 'right thing to do' to show our appreciation to this gentleman's excellent work.Yes. You are absolutely right, I have checked on his website, and it is not as expensive as I thought I would be. I think I'll do it.

>>I would strongly encourage to purchase the newer release, simply because it's the 'right thing to do' to show our appreciation to this gentleman's excellent work.>>Yes. You are absolutely right, I have checked on his >website, and it is not as expensive as I thought I would be. >I think I'll do it. The only reason I d/l'ed the 'freeware version' was to test my ability to use the tool to accomplish what I needed to do! I didn't want to spend more money for yet another 'dead end program' that would simply take up space on my hard drive... :)