Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

XML Switch gauge

I'm not too sure what type of gauge this would be, because I wish to create a dummy gauge...I've been working away on my Concorde project for the last few weeks and would like to develop the hydraulic system shown in the shot below: -http://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d8792190f5679fc.jpgIs it possible to design a gauge in XML which would simulate the switch moving between the green/blue hydraulic systems? I'm not sure if this can be achieved if no variables are being used etc..?Would appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thanks in advance!Andrewhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3d7a950e6fba59bf.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Andrew,Yes, this is possible with an easy way. If I saw it right, every switch has three positions (left, right and center). So the first thing you have to do is to paint a Bitmap with the switch on the left side, one with the switch on the right side and one with the center position of the switch. Then create a L: variable in XML:(L:Hydraulic Selector1, enum)To move the switch with mouseclicks, add this lines to the end of the Gauge:(L:Start Selector, enum) ++ d 2 > if{ 0 } (>L:Start Selector, enum)But take care. It's just a dummy without any Hydraulic function. Unfortunately FS2002 starts the Hydraulic Pumps at the same time with the Generator. The only way to use a separate Gauge for the Hydraulic is to use the Hydraulic failure functions like K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE for example. But there you just have two situations: on and off.Best regardsMatthias

Thanks Matthias - that's a great help! Will go and try it now :-)Regards,Andrew

Ooops, I made a mistake when pasting the code from my start selector here. For your Gauge the mouseclick area must be:(L:Hydraulic Selector1, enum) ++ d 2 > if{ 0 } (>L:Hydraulic Selector1, enum)Sorry for this mistake.Best regardsMatthias

No Worries - Thanks for all your help - works great! :-)Will attempt the fire handles now! Andrew