Sign in to follow this  
Guest PhLem

Gmax newbie. Some questions.

>Hey Matt. >>I might have a solution to your problem. Try not using the >mirror button on the gmax toolbar when you mirror your wing >and/or stab. Use the modifier mirror. Apparently it makes >a difference. By the way, this was a tip from Graham, from >PSS. Well, either that or be prepared to select all faces, unify and flip! :) Either way works fine.

Fabio (and Graham),Thanks, I'll try it.Bill,The normals are all correct in gMax, which is the funny part...if I flip them in gMax, the gMax preview looks just like the pic I posted! But I may try flipping them in gMax anyway, just for the fun of it, to see what happens.Matt

Guest PhLem

As my fellow designers have said, it looks like your poly's are flipped the wrong side.I made the spinner out of a cone and shaped it to be a bit rounded. That exports just fine. I think the problem with the sphere is that there are a lot of poly's close to each other. This causes an error in makemdl when exporting. Maybe a hemispere with less poly's will work, I don't know.Udo:-waveP.S.Check out my shots in the update....http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...11a28d59795.jpg