Sign in to follow this  

DC-9 Panel Help Please

Greetings,I downloaded and installed a nice DC-9 from this web site, http://www.bahnhof.se/~classic/. The plane and panel are well done, but I have a problem with the panel. First of all, the documentation consists of just weight and speed charts and there's little in the read me.The HSI on the panel rotates strangely while the plane sits on the ground and I can't start the engines, see screenshot. Any help would be appreciated.Sincerely,Hans Groenewold

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi,Have you read the manual? You'll find it in the aircraft folder sas dc9-41BrgdsEugen

Eugen,Thanks, I finally found it. I thought the manual folder only contained bitmaps, I thought that was strange. I thought the manual file was a bitmap too, my mistake. I hate it when that happens. I hope the manual will explain what the deal is with the HSI.Thanks,Hans

Eugen,I did read about the HSI and the test function. I clicked where it said to and adjusted the pitch, but it still continues to rotate. Are you familiar with this plane? If so, can you help me get passed this?Sincerely,Hans

Hi Hans,I am not very familiar with this one. I suggest that you read the whole manual if you haven't. Have you checked the overhead panel lots of switches that should be in position on :-). I tried to fly it with no problem.BrgdsEugen

Hans,It sounds as though there is no power to the HSI (no servo power to get them spinning). Have you followed the steps in the kneeboard checklist display (F10) to get the electric power to the panel. This involves the APU as well as battery and bus switches.By the way, as good as this panel is in looks and functionality, I went back to David Durst's DC-9 panel just because (IMHO) it is simpler to use.

Hi Guys,I hate to admit it because I'm critical of others who do the same. In my haste to get this plane in the air, I should have read further than I did before posting. The plane's fine and I'm sorry to have wasted your time.Sincerely,Hans