Sign in to follow this  

Does anyone use FS Panel Studio?

I have had this tool since FS98/fs2000 days. Does anyone else use it? I find it very helpful with placing images for the gauges, its XML interface is helpful getting things in order.

>I have had this tool since FS98/fs2000 days. Does anyone >else use it? I find it very helpful with placing images for >the gauges, its XML interface is helpful getting things in >order. Uh Dave, that's kinda like asking, "does anyone else breathe oxygen to live?" :)I do wish the author would fix some of the little problems with not reading certain gauges (such as late generation GPS gauges), and the inability to use 'uncabbed' XML gauges.

Bill,Some people are hardcore coders, and wouldn't think of using such an app. I code XHTML using Notepad, and all the younger developers I work with think Im old and outdated (only 41), who needs to come from out of the dark ages and use Dreamweaver!I only asked since I have just started to design gauges. :)Dave

>Some people are hardcore coders, and wouldn't think of using >such an app.Well yes, there's always the hard way! :()> I code XHTML using Notepad, and all the younger >developers I work with think Im old and outdated (only 41), Well I'm only 46 and I'm sorry but I'm with the age challenged persons (hey, I managed not to say kids - doh!) on this one! :()>who needs to come from out of the dark ages and use >Dreamweaver! Hey, can you put me in touch with them please? I had no idea DW could do that, but I'd sure like to get a few pointers on how! Sounds like a really productive solution does that. I really need to learn how that's done. I only use it for simple web stuff, so have no idea how that would work.>I only asked since I have just started to design gauges. :) I'm sure glad you did, I've only just started myself, got the panel designer studio thingy a week or two back, but this looks like it should be the last bit of the puzzle for me!

>Bill, >>Some people are hardcore coders, and wouldn't think of using >such an app. I code XHTML using Notepad, and all the younger >developers I work with think Im old and outdated (only 41), >who needs to come from out of the dark ages and use >Dreamweaver! Dave, at 54 I'm not a youngster by most folks' definition. I 'cut my teeth' in computer programming back in the dark ages of punched cards, flakey readers, and machine language coding... :)Although I was a die-hard 'DOS Head' when PC's first became nearly affordable, and resisted the GUI interface of Win 3.0 for almost a decade, I wouldn't go back now for all the tea in China!I am a firm believer of using the most efficient and productive tools to accomplish the task at hand, whether that be notepad.exe or the latest WYSIWYG whiz-bang utility... :)I used to use a 'tagline' that read:"Real programmers use EDLIN!" :)Thank goodness, those days are long gone!

EDLIN! Oh my, how I dont miss using that. When I first started in the USAF, we used punch cards to update our flying times...I cringe at the thought of that today. :) Now I switch between Win2k Pro and Solaris at work and use Unix commands when in Win2k and visa versa, and get confused....*:-*Any way thanks for the help, and reminiscing.Dave