Sign in to follow this  

Best CRJ-200 aircraft and panel

I've fallen in love with the CRJ aircraft, but I'm really confused about what's the best plane, panel and Lufthansa paint. Any help to get?PC

Dear PC,I can only advise You about FS2K2 models, but here are my thoughts.And, I cannot judge how realistic a flight model is... since I just take it from the fun side and am no real-world pilot.The "best" is hard to find - that depends on Your needs. If You have an older low-power machine, I suggest FSpainter's CRJ, which is a low-polycount GMAX model and VERY friendly on framerates. It has (at least) full moving parts, clear cockpit windows and is easy to fly. Works great as AI, btw.If Your processor has some more horses to unleash, POSKY's CRJ is without a doubt the most accurate model (at least in visuals) ever built. It has all... Spoilerons, Reversers, opening Exit, top quality textures, clear windows... I've seen a Lufthansa repaint around here that looks really good, too. I almost cannot distinguish between it and photos taken at EDDF.The panel - again the same question. POSKY included a VC which is quite good. Currently, there is no really realistic panel available I know of. The downloadable ones are more or less "standard" gauges (that I think to have seen somewhere else before) fit into a CRJ-like arrangement. On the other hand, they have no major impact on framerates. If You like it "as real as it gets", I suggest Bill Grabowski's new ERJ panel (it looks like ERJ but is *much* more complex than the CRJ panels available), which needs more computing power.All models mentioned can be found here at avsim.Hope to have been a bit of help,TM