Sign in to follow this  
Guest bones

My Daily GMax (Stupid!) Question...

Here's my "stupid" question of the day.In the screenshot, you can clearly see in the "Unwrapped" view that the texture file for the wing has a dark gray "non-slip mat" painted on the top...Can anyone supply a reason why the heck that "non-slip mat" will NOT display in (a) the main GMax window, nor on the compiled model???TIA

Guest odog

Hi Padre,I wish you had put a pick showing the UVW gizmo, cuz now I gotta guess...If you mapped both wings at the same time with a planar map, it could be in the middle of the wings and not showing.Maybe try mapping one wing at a time.Maybe...the mat was painted with invisible ink...:-)sorry, cant be much help at this point.

>Hi Padre, >>I wish you had put a pick showing the UVW gizmo, cuz now I >gotta guess... >>If you mapped both wings at the same time with a planar map, >it could be in the middle of the wings and not showing. >>Maybe try mapping one wing at a time. >>Maybe...the mat was painted with invisible ink...:-) That's OK, Joe. Shortly after I made the intial post I began working backwards in the stack and checking each part. All the parts were mapped as a group, but of course now each individual part has it's own modifier stack.During the course of this exercise, I discovered that somehow the bottom of the wings had two UVW Maps applied! How that happened I do not know. But, once the 'extra' mapping was removed, Voila!, the proper texture appeared on the top, just like "magic!" :)Thanks for the reply!

Guest bones

Sheeee.. I've never seen a wing walkway look that clean before. :-)Especially as you had it parked on the grass in your other screenshots!Nice to see you progressing on to the textures. An aircraft seems to come much more alive after this operation. It makes texture frustrations all the more rewarding!