Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX001

Got INS?

Well,I'm sitting here at college wishing I had the time to fly, and I thought to my self, "I want to go program something besides Scheme."I was thinking of doing a INS, except the only problem is there is very little info on them online. I was thinking of doing the ones found in the B747-200/300... I'm pretty sure that the 200 had a LTN-72 (though they seem to have, for the most part, been updated to the 92) and the 300 would more than likely use the LTN-92. The problem I'm having right now is just the general lack of info on these units. I have one source that says the LTN-92 can store up to 99 waypoints, yet I found an article in "Service News" about the Hercules being retro-fitted with the LTN-92 unit which is a bit different (the CDU is a 5 line, 16 characters per line display unit that can store 99 routes (or up to 2005 waypoints) and works off of a database of navaids). I don't know, I'm probably looking at doing the ones found in the 747-300, as I have some "intrest" ;) in it.Hmm, I guess I'm asking if anyone has information on the LTN-92 or 747-300, that may help me... I've been Googling in my spare time to try and find resources to no avail.-Bryant

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey Bryant, are you interested in working together on a 747-200 panel set? I would like to make a all new gauge set as the exsisting freeware ones are pretty primitive. I have the resources and drawings(sorry, none on the INS sytems, though), and can do all of the artwork. Email me.cahill01@charter.net