Sign in to follow this  

A quick question on face counts

Just wondering since i'm finishing up and refining my exterior model, what face count should I be shooting for I'm currently at around 22k and it looks fine but there are still alot of refinements I would like to make and I'm sure they will push the count up a bitoh and...can someone tell me how to post a screen shot of my progress on the board plz ( I want to show off my forst project :-)

Guest odog

hi Lar,Im around 26k on polys, I try to shoot for less that 1mb for the MDL, this includes the DVC. I rarely see framerate problems on my rig, so I usually dont skimp on the extras. If your going to upload, Id suggest finding someone with an older box and let them test it.for SS, below click here to choose file, make sure its less than 700 wide and less than 125kbs. On this forum I like to keep the pics small, 80-100kbs.Cant wait to see your pics, I just started adding gauges, I got hung up working around some errors, I was hoping to be further along than this.

Guest PhLem

Looking good there ye cockpit, mate. The max poly count is 60 k for FS.Udo.:-wave

Poly count has a direct effect on frame rates...but of course there's no specific formula for frames. Some people like to do detailed models with 50,000 polys, while others want to ensure good performance; I have a goal of 10,000 for my Saab (at 7,000 now...when I add all the details, I'm probably not going to make that goal).Matt