Sign in to follow this  

n4gix a question on vc lighting.

I have successfully gotten vc lights working as you stated how in a prior post. the problem however is getting the Black sections of the image not to show up.As soon as the lights come on you can see the black sections as well as the lit backgrounds.This becomes a problem because the plane that makes up the VC panel extends past the actula main panel, causing hard black corner to be visible.. Here is a pic.any ideas??ThanksAlLIGHTS OFFhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dd58ff375bdd196.jpgLIGHTS ONhttp://ftp.avsim.com/dcforum/User_files/3dd58ffa75d27e9d.jpg

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I have successfully gotten vc lights working as you stated >how in a prior post. the problem however is getting the >Black sections of the image not to show up. >As soon as the lights come on you can see the black sections >as well as the lit backgrounds. >This becomes a problem because the plane that makes up the >VC panel extends past the actula main panel, causing hard >black corner to be visible.. Here is a pic. >any ideas?? Yes, it looks nice! The answer is in the mini-tutorial I just entered into the forum... under the thread "RE: Panel Textures"Please read it, Al... cause my fingers are tired! :)The "Tip of the Day" for VC lighting:As you know, this form is lighting is tied to the 'landing lights.' One problem with that is that you might not want the landing lights on all night long.By renaming the 'landing light' polygon from landing_lights to c_gear_light... the landing light(s) will turn off automatically whenever the gear is retracted! :)

>Thanks you sir very much, reading up on it now! You are welcome...In case you missed finding it, the answer is in two parts:I.5II.9:)