Sign in to follow this  

Wheel textures for V2

Guest jlwoodward

I am not sure of the difference between the tire and tire_still animation parts. The wheel texture looks ok for the tire_still part (below). For the tire_blurred part I replaced all the fins with a solid black background and that looks ok in motion. For the tire part, assuming this is between when it is still and up to speed, I used 3 light and dark segments for the fins, sort of like what is done for a prop.However, I could not detect any transition between the still tire and the full speed tire.Am I doing this right? Is there a different type of texture pattern that should be used?Thanks,John Woodward

You also need a tire_slow partI usually use the same texture as my still tireHope this helps.Al

Guest jlwoodward

That would certainly make more sense. I checked the list of standard animated parts and they only have r_tire, r_tire_still, and r_tire_blurred. Should I just call it r_tire_slow anyway?Thanks,John Woodward

tire_slow is not part of FSDS 2.0 Try using the same texture for all parts (tire, tire_still, tire_blurred) and see if that is acceptable. Davewww.daviator.com

>That would certainly make more sense. I checked the list of >standard animated parts and they only have r_tire, >r_tire_still, and r_tire_blurred. Should I just call it >r_tire_slow anyway? John,The order in which FS2k2 uses the parts is this:tire_stilltiretire_blurredUnless you a modeling an a/c that can achieve >120 kts ground roll, you'll never even see the tire_blurred at all...There is no such thing as tire_slow at all...

Guest Milton

FYI, my l/r_tire_still changes to l/r_tire_blurred around 30-40 knots.Milton

>FYI, my l/r_tire_still changes to l/r_tire_blurred around >30-40 knots. My experiences:tire_still 0-4 ktstire ~4.00001-120 ktstire_blurred ~120.0001-infinity:) YMMV