Sign in to follow this  

Problem with VC panel background

Dear developers,I am working on visual model of an-2. And faced with following problem while adding gauges to VC (see attached pic). Is it somehow possible to remove that black background? Or what am I doing wrong???That's th config for that bloody panel:[VCockpit02]size_mm=1024,1024pixel_size=1024,1024texture=$main2background_colour=0,0,0visible=0gauge00=STT_An2_V1_3!AmbTemp, 453,573,77gauge01=STT_An2_V1_3!GIK_2K2, 632,559,120,112gauge02=STT_An2_V1_3!Variometr, 694,685,90gauge03=STT_An2_V1_3!Altimeter, 798,685,85,100gauge04=STT_An2_V1_3!AirSpeed, 328,510,102,97gauge05=STT_An2_V1_3!AttAGK_47, 509,428,130,127gauge06=STT_An2_V1_3!Clock, 364,380,110

>Dear developers, >>I am working on visual model of an-2. And faced with >following problem while adding gauges to VC (see attached >pic). Is it somehow possible to remove that black >background? Or what am I doing wrong??? I posted this information in a 'mini-tutorial' just last week, but here's a direct answer to your question...Make the planar 'projection surface' to which you apply the $main2.bmp 'dummy texture' whatever shape fits the panel area!!!In other words, if you need a trapezoidal shape to fit the available space on you panel, make it THAT SHAPE! If it needs to be round; make it round!The only requirement is that the texture be square, and a power of 2 (i.e, 256,256; 640,640; or 1024,1024You can even have a series of shapes needed for a panel, and then group them and use one bitmap to texture the group! The only requirement is that they must all lie on the same plane (same flat surface).Where there is no 'surface,' there will be no 'black' showing...Simple, yes? :)

...Thanks for reply. I am newby to this very forum, so did not know about the tutorials.Yes, it is simple - so that now panel looks this way:

>...Thanks for reply. I am newby to this very forum, so did >not know about the tutorials. >>Yes, it is simple - so that now panel looks this way: Ah! You must have figured it out on your own then... or got a private reply by email... But, the panel sure looks a whole lot nicer now, doesn't it? :)If you work your way 'backwards' through the forum's topics, you'll learn a whole lot more as well, including how to 'nightlight' the gauges... :)If you have questions, remember that you're never alone! Someone here will have the answer. Together, we can lift the quality of freeware/GNU releases to equal or better than the payware! :)

Xomer: That looks just sweet! Keep up the good work, and don't hesitate to ask, even stupid questions. I know I've asked a few of those when I began - even still :D