Sign in to follow this  

FS2002 aircraft conversion

I had two requests today, one asking if I could convert my GMax FS2002 design to FS2000 and the other asking for a conversion to CFS3 :-)I don't have either of these programs but can see problems. CFS3 is VC mode only and (I'll guess) a new MakeMDL file. FS2000 has a different setup regarding the perf data in the aircraft.cfg and .air files.I can see a work round in both cases but are their further pitfalls?Has anyone else got a known technique for either option?Thanks,

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've been trying to get a simple gmax model into FS2002, no luck so far.With CFS3, you shouldn't have a real problem - once you donwload the CFS3 SDK - other than the VC.

Thanks Felix.I tried to grab the SDK before but it was downloading at only 5K a second :-)I've already heard that the VC is quite unlike that in FS2002. I hope we don't have to become gauge designers to build our aircraft..

You'll have to plan the layout, but since the gauges, etc are part of the visual model, you make the part(s) and tag & animate them appropriately.I truly hope that some enterprising designers will come out with a "library" of ready-made instruments that lazy folk (yours truly heading the list) will be able to copy and paste..