Sign in to follow this  
Guest jlwoodward

Parts disappear

This plane had been working ok but something changed that I can't figure out. External parts behind the prop disc become invisible while the VC parts show. I checked the textures and the texture file and could not see anything wrong. Once the prop slows down the parts will show again.Thanks for any help,John Woodward

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I've seen something like this using the prop objects imported from the FS Piper example into my project. I'm not good a prop shapes yet.I have an idea it is due to 'normal' orientation. I basically copied the Piper prop, scaled it down to ultrlight size, rotated it 180 degress for a pusher prop, so whatever normals were correct for viewing through the prop from the front may be incorrect now.Steve

Me too, I got the same problem. I imported helices from my old FSDS project An-8 into a new FSDS2 project An-10A. Surprise: some of the props mask some parts behind (not all of them), the others don't. So I duplicated those that don't and used them instead the bad props. And still there is a little anomaly: they hide illuminators' glass. It's not really visible since the iluminators are already almost transparent but a slight difference can be noted.I think you should check if the flag "uses transparent textures" is set and maybe the material of the blurred prop should be transparent.Dimitri

I went through all the prop parts to make sure the axis was oriented, transparent textures checked, and the textures were in the texture file. I recall now that everything was working until I added the animated doors. However, wheels are also blanked off behind the prop disc, and those parts were not touched.As a last resort I might go back and delete the prop discs and do them over.John Woodward

That worked. I deleted the discs and reloaded them with dummy names, then changed the name to the standard animated name. Must have been a case of computer wierdness.John Woodward