Sign in to follow this  

Rotate in XML

I have a problem with gauge variables and rotate. I have clock and in the clock is a ring which rotates. And I want to use (G:Var5) to rotate the ring. But I haven't got it to work. How do you use variable to rate something?And how do you change the value of Var5 with mouse? In gauge is a knob to rotate the ring. It should change the value of Var5.(G:Var5) 10 + Is this ok?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

There may be other things you need to do. I have not attempted a clock yet, but if you examine the Baron clock, there may be some things you need to do with selecting digits (this probably applies only if you are using a text display).But you do need store the value like this

<click repeat=yes>(>G:Var5) 10 +</click>

In case the message board mangles my code,that is you need a right angle bracket before the variable to says "store this value" into G:Var5. You need to write this in XML using an HTML entitity, so in the XML file you would write "ampersand letter g, letter t, semicolon." I think I got that right. :)Anyway you should get the idea and can peek into any example file for lines that store a value. The Baron altitude selector has some examples of storing G var's.BTW your clock sounds interesting. Perhaps you might share it with the community when finsished.Steve

>BTW your clock sounds interesting. Perhaps you might share >it with the community when finsished. Thanks. I try that when I get home from work. I think that it is possible to share it with the community, if my partnes agree with me. Put I can post something when there is something to post :D

First read the old value, then add, then store the new value.<Click Repeat="Yes">(G:Var5) 10 + (>G:Var5)</Click>Arne Bartels

Be aware though, that when reading an old value, check with time, add, write new value method, that your clock will slow down. I tried this way, and I could not get an accurately enough clock to do timed approaches (which is not approved here btw :D)I think you're better off using the defuault time variables, which will always update correctly.To test what I mean, set up a string to display seconds % 1 * 10, show 1 when above 2 and 0 when below. Now change the 2 to 1, or 0.5, or 0.1, and the 1 "result" will never happen - the string doesn't catch the event as it happens outside the time window the gauge has been allowed from the sim.A clock based on this, might update its seconds every 1.05 or 1.1 seconds if you know what I mean, and therefore run slow. For a simple rotate, use time,seconds 60 % and convert to normalized radians. For a rolex (smooth), use time,seconds 60 % 10 * and convert to normalized radians :D (Something like this anyway).

That clock is for Finnish AF planes, they will be available as freeware in the future. The rotating ring in the clock is used to mark the departure time.Here is a screenshot of hawk panel, we still need to do HSI and radios, and bitmap fine tuning.http://www.saunalahti.fi/kunt1/hwpan7.jpg