Sign in to follow this  

Life's a garden....Dig It!

Sorry,Just feeling groovey after playing with the lathe tools :-sun1 I only wish the sim could display specular highlights and Illumination the way it looks in gmax...or vice versa.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Wow, man. Plant some sunflowers next to it. And be sure you get it listed as a hazard to navigation.Those proportions look very correct. Did you measure from something or just guess?Steve

hi Steve,The lathe tool is very cool. All I did was draw half of the profile with a spline, then click the lathe tool and it does all the work. very easy, only took a few minutes. try it!There's alot of possibilities for this tool...

Yep. That is how I made my spark plugs and the rounded shape of the rotating beacon glass. It really is the easiest way to deal with these complex shapes that are round. Much better than trying to shape a cylinder.The ony thing you have to watch out for is that any little inequality in symmetry will show up badly. I think my beacon had a little flaw due to this.I tried to use a "90*" profile, a quarter round essentially, and it seemed to mess up, trying to late the front and back at the same time, the back coming round to the front. So I used a 180* profile, which is where you can get symmetry problems if that shape is hand plotted using the Line tool against a background image. The symmetery is not always perfect even when you have an image to go by.Steve

It certainly is easier the pulling and pusing vertex for talentless SamBob. Called "revolve" in many programs. Watch what happens when you select min, max, or center. My 30K ProE doesn't even allow such a range of rotation centers via a single click. I have to create a center for it to revolve around. I guess that is more flexable. Can be an oblique axis 1 inch or 20 miles from the shape feature. ;-)Bobrsam@mtco.comHelp us make it better!http://mtco.com/~rsam/fartslogo.jpg11/23/02