Sign in to follow this  
Guest JonP01

I have a question

I tried to locate the answer, but could not. How do I remove a virtual cockpit from an aircraft if I do not want it? My problem is that I changed the panel, but the virtual cockpit stayed. Thanks.

Guest JonP01

I have looked very long and hard for an answer to this on quite a few occassions. I'm sorry to tell you that unless I have missed something, that you are stuck with the virtual cockpit (if the aircraft came with one in the first place). I have seen utilities from earlier days that let you "cycle over" the 2D cockpit (so you effectively never saw it), but I've never seen the same thing for vc's.I think the best you can do is either set your key commands up in such a way that you exclude the vc when you cycle views (ie you don't cycle the whole way, but instead cycle part way then back again). Another method I use is to change my eyepoint so that I'm not actually in the 3D cabin (sometimes I actually use a cowling view on aircraft that I don't want to use the vc on). The problem with this is the eyepoint change also effects your 2D eyepoint.You can of course remove the gauges themselves from a vc, but that still leaves the cockpit and the textures...If there is a proper answer to this question I would love to know myself.