Sign in to follow this  

Another question here... :)

Sorry to spam you people today, but I'm working on a specific historical airliner and while I'm doing that I also want to experiment with various kind of stuff.The question is actually straight forward: "I know it's possible to make gauges clickable in the VC, how do I do that?"Thanks in advance for the effort!

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Really? I thought it is impossible, at least with the "normal" means of the Panel SDK.Arne Bartels

Hi Arne, What i meant is indeed not by "normal" means. I would like to know how to accomplish this like in e.g. the A320 (PSS?) VC.Thanks in advance for the effort.

>Hi Arne, >>What i meant is indeed not by "normal" means. I would like >to know how to accomplish this like in e.g. the A320 (PSS?) >VC. I am curious myself how they manage to accomplish that! Since the 'normal' method of reading the current mouse position based on a fixed coordinate system (e.g., screen pixels) is quite obviously out of the question with a dynamicaly moving surface (e.g., VC panel)... ???To be sure, it's quite easy to have a 'kludge' solution by having a smaller 2d window open over the VC at either top, bottom or edges, I honestly can't see how it can be done, much less how PSS are doing it!

I believe it was something with gauge positions seen as virtual, not visible boxes and stuff. Too bad PSS probably won't share it with us. Their right, but I think freeware developers an greatly benefit from that.