Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeanLuc_

Gauge to set COM Freq on startup

I notice last week a gauge developer had released a cold and dark gauge. What this does is it shuts down the engines and electronics on startup at the gates. This lead me to think, wouldn't it be nice to have a simalar gauge to automatically set the COM and Nav freq to put the jetways and service trucks in place on startup for simflyers scenery by passsing in the freq as a parameter based on the aircraft. Unfortunatly my developer skills are limited to VB and Java for business systems. Do you guys have any thoughts on this or know of any developers that could do this?

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi>>I notice last week a gauge developer had released a cold and dark gauge.<

Matthias,For all their airports, if Nav 1 and Nav 2 are set to 108.0 the service trucks will appear. To activate the jetways you would set Com 1 to be a vaule related to the type of aircraft being used; for example: Set Com 1 to 127.37 for a boeing 737, This is why I say in the panel.cfg you would refrence the gauge passing in the Com ferq.Example: gauge01=airport!jetway 127.37 gauge02=airport!service 108.0 // Used for both Nav'sThe Navs could be hard coded for 108.0, however if it happen to change in the future for other airports it might be nice to have to way to acommidate that.Regards,Bill

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Bill,Unfortunately it's not possible to get the Aircraft type from the Aircraft.cfg to use it as a variable for the Gauge and to set the corresponding Com 1 frequency.If it would be always the same frequency like 108.0 for example this should be possible. You can set a specific frequency using the Com_Radio_Set (for Com1) or Nav1_Radio_Set (for Nav1) method. I haven't tried something yet so I do not know if the Gauge interpreted the code: 108.00 (>K:Nav1_Radio_Set) (similar code for Nav 2) as written but I hope so. I will try it and if it works it's also possible to include this Nav set into the Cold and Dark Cockpit Gauge so Nav1 and/or Nav2 will always be set to 108.00 when loading the Panel.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest JeanLuc_

This sounds like a good idea and easy to do in C. More, with an external .ini file, you could set bouding box lat/lon with associated frequency pairs. This would allow to set your frequencies to a specific location if upon the location, you need to set different frequencies for toggling the airports effects on. Of course, a test has to be made to ensure it is only done at startup, and only once!Hope this helps!

Matthias, >Unfortunately it's not possible to get the Aircraft type >from the Aircraft.cfg to use it as a variable for the Gauge >and to set the corresponding Com 1 frequency. Are you saying it is not possible to pass in the frequency for Com 1 as a parameter in the panel.cfg when refrencing the gauge as indicated in my examples above? I know this would leave it up to the user to key in the frequency when placing the gauge in the panel.cfg, however I don't think that would be much of a problem seeing that the user has to know the frequency for the aircraft anyways to dial it in at the gate and yes ideally it would be nice to get the aircraft type from the aircraft.cfg, however as you indicated this is not possible.Best regards,Bill

Guest JeanLuc_

As far as I know, if not from direct memory peeking, FSUIPC provides such an information. Requires a C gauge though (no XML here).Hope this helps!

JeanLuc_on,Do you have any examples you can seem me of a C gauge referencing FSUIPC? Although C is not my dominant language, I could fumble my way through it.Best Regards,Bill

Guest JeanLuc_

Hi Bill,I've actually never tried to use FSUIPC in my gauges, but the FSUIPC SDK does provide some examples as well as the FSUIPC variables to look for in order to get the Aircraft Name / ATCID / ...Reading the FSUIPC SDK would be a good starting point anyhow.Hope this helps!