Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eugen

strange problem xml

Guest Eugen

Hi,I am working on PFD and I have expericienced a strange problem with a pdf card mask and pdf top with white ticks. The pfd card mask have I done by doing a half first then copy it and mirror it and put them together so each half is the same. The pfd card mask image is 99 *120 pixels, each half is 48 pixels and I have 1 pixel centerline in Y-line.The pfd top with the ticks is copied from the top of the pfd card mask image 99 * 24 pixels and I have white painted and areas with ticks above the 1-1-1 black mask area in this picture it is blue. The black color used in the pfd top is 0.0.0 ie transparent as I just put it over the pfd card imageIt seems that the top grows a pixel in x -line on the right side see my enclosed picture where you can see a couple of black spots between the white pfd top with ticks and the mask area .Anyone got any ideas why this happens ?(***** PFD Card *****)(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/(A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, radians)(***** PFD Top****) BrgdsEugen

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi Eugen,I don't know the reason for your problem. But I would check the Bitmaps once again. It could be that those black spots are transparent pixels (0,0,0 instead of 1,1,1) in your mask image. Another reason could be that you have some black (not transparent) dots in your pfdtop.bmp. The third thing I'm thinking about is that the 1,1,1 (mask) area in your mask image is not large enough and you see some parts of the transparent area. However I'm sure that the problem is somewhere in the Bitmaps not in the code.Best RegardsMatthias

Guest harry3

As it looks for me, that's the problem:The MaskImage Bitmap must be extented to the right side: It looks like if it's exactly one pixel too small(to the right side).I would move the bitmap from the centerline on exactly one pixel to the right. That means: The centerline has a x-size of 2 pixel.As Matthias already sead it: There is no problem with the code. The only problem are the bitmaps.Regards,Harri :-)

Guest Eugen

Hi Guys,I think that I found the solution, did'nt help resising the images. I put in a red background replacing 0.0.0 black it and the black dots were still there when running in fs 2002. After some testing I have found that if I use only 256 color bitmaps instead of 32 k it will work, I haven't tested thoroughly, but it seems that reducing the number of colors solve the problem.Some rendering problem in fs 2002 ?From now on I'll only use 256 8 bit bmps :-)Anyway thanks for your suppport.BrgdsEugen