Sign in to follow this  
Guest panzerschiffe

Aircraft cargo container weights

Hello all. I am trying to set the weights for an MD-11F fully loaded with cargo using the station loads in the aicraft.cfg. I have the information on the type and placement of the containers, but I have a question how much the containers actually weigh.For example an 88 x 125 pallet has a gross weight of 10,300 lbs, and a tare weight of 248 pounds. This gives a net weight of 10,052 pounds. So is this how much the full loaded container actually weighs when it's placed on a scale? Thanks for any help you can give me.-Albaro Villegas

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hello Albaro,You asked about containers but then gave an example of a pallet. These are 2 quite different things. The 88" * 125" pallet is a flat support panel for stacking reqular shaped packages and binding them in a net or similar covering. The pallet will weight 255 to 270lb and when loaded to a height on 96" will carry 630ft^3 of cargo. The total weight will depend on the density of cargo loaded.If you were thinking of the Type A ATA container, it is 88"*125" and have a volume of 425 to 500 ft^3.HTHIan

Thanks for the info. I found some tables on typical weights of some cargo containers so I'll be able to make those station loads. I wasn't aware of how the pallets were setup. Thanks!-AV