Sign in to follow this  

Take A look!

Jus wanting to knaow what you guys think of my first set of wheels!!(i hope the picture is there??)one qestion though..how do i animate the landing gear so that all the parts that iv modeled move??? like how do i connect them so when one part moves the one that is conected moves as well? (by the way im using 3dsmax 4) thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

I'm not an Aircraft Designer, so I can't answer you any questions.But the wheels are looking great! What aircraft will they be used for???Regards,Harry :-)

thanks...what aircraft...im making a fictional hover jet.i dont know how is gonna turn out but..you never know might be nice!

>one qestion though..how do i animate the landing gear so >that all the parts that iv modeled move??? like how do i >connect them so when one part moves the one that is conected >moves as well? (by the way im using 3dsmax 4) Well, there are several issues that come to mind immediately... How are you planning to 'export' this to FS2k2? Unless you import as a 3ds file into GMax, there's no way to compile a .mdl file with MakeMDL.exe...Landing gear in FS2k2 is enabled by using a specific naming convention, and creating a 'key frame animation.' I have no idea if 3dsmax 4 has that feature, but I'd assume that it does.However, since you have to eventually load your work into GMax anyway, I'd simply wait until it's there to make sure that the animation is done properly.The topmost part of the landing gear (where the pivot axis will be) must be named as follows:c_gear_xxxr_gear_xxxl_gear_xxxWhere xxx is a unique name (I use 'top' as it's the topmost piece!)Simply select all the parts of the landing gear except the top & tires, and 'Link' them to the parent part, e.g., c_gear_top...Also, the tires themselves must use specific names, and in fact you'll need three copies of each one! For the nose gear, you would need:c_tire_still_lc_tire_still_rc_tire_slow_lc_tire_slow_rc_tire_blurred_lc_tire_blurred_rAs you can easily see, it's very important to keep the polygon count low for tires!If the lowermost part of the landing gear strut (where the axle is) is named:c_gear_lowerstrutThen you would select all the c_tire_xxx parts and "Link" them to the parent part, c_gear_lowerstrut...I hope this is clear enough for you! :)