Sign in to follow this  

Flap problem.

I am building an FSDS airplane that has 5 different settings for the flaps. I use the key animation to set the various positions. When I creat the model, I used a model that also has 5 positions. The problem I am having is that after moving the 5 increments, the flaps only travelled about 1/2 their distance. I then tried it using another model for a base and it went 3/4 of the way. What is in the cgf or air (assuming thats where the problem is) that would limit the travel a part moves even if you have key frame set it do travel more?Thanks

>I am building an FSDS airplane that has 5 different settings >for the flaps. I use the key animation to set the various >positions. When I creat the model, I used a model that also >has 5 positions. The problem I am having is that after >moving the 5 increments, the flaps only travelled about 1/2 >their distance. I then tried it using another model for a >base and it went 3/4 of the way. What is in the cgf or air >(assuming thats where the problem is) that would limit the >travel a part moves even if you have key frame set it do >travel more? Unless you are building a complex set of flaps, you would normally not use key-frame animation, since l_flap and r_flap are 'pre-defined' animations by FS2k2.

Guest Dee Waldron

If you are using the l_flap_key and r_flap_key part names (I think thats right...), and your aircraft.cfg file has the flaps set up correctly, THEN... the secert is set keyframes so that 1 keyframe=1degree of flap movement. For example: if your flaps move 0 to 40 degrees, only use key frames 0 thru 40.FWIW... I wouldn't try to set each position of the flaps. Only the starting position and ending position of the total travel. Otherwise, the flap movement could (could, not would...) be jerky.Hope that helps. :)Dee Waldron (HJG)