Sign in to follow this  

R22 Project... FSDS2 question

HiCan anyone give some help with a problem I am having with the main rotor hub. This is all one part made up of several smaller parts. They were all joined and the axis moved to the correct position for animation. This was then made a child of the rotor blades ( called prop blurred)The animation is ok, but, only a few bits of this part are visible when viewed from above. I have made sure the part 'Prop blurred' is the last part to be made in the list.The top of the part is still seen as is one or two of the pitch links when you pan the view round still staying above the rotor disc, but the rest is gone. I have tried all I can think of.Working on your own can lead to hair loss ! :)All help recieved with thanks.JohnTwo pics included to help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

the images appear to be in fsds2, but does it look this way in the sim as well? Sometimes I've seen this disappearing part problem (due to same thing -- transparent parts, etc.) in fsds2 but then it looks ok in the sim (and sometimes it's the other way around! :-lol ). One other thing to check: I assume the prop blurred is a transparant part with a transparent texture applied. Did you check 'uses transparent textures' in the part properties?good luck, and btw it's looking great!- dcc

dccThanks for your reply. Yes it's FSDS2. The lower shot I should have said is in FS.The transparent texture is working fine. It's just the strangest thing that some of this part shows up but not all of it.Oh well, I have to go away for a few weeks with work now, so it will have to await my return.John