Sign in to follow this  

Ideal material parameters???

What would you say are the idea material parameters to get a nice dynamic shine on the fuselage and also what would be the best parameters for the transparent windows?Clod

First, this depends on the design software and aircraft type.If you have a highly polished bizjet, the vinyl look of the specular lighting does not make it look very luxurous, you would want a glossy alpha channel. If you have a canvas cub, the dulled reflective effect of specular lighting would be much more appropriate.Finally, how the aircraft is contructed in the design software is important. If you have a limited number of large polygons, the specular lighting will reveal these quite clearly...especially if the fusalage is ever changing in shape. If you have a long, continuous fusalage of a heavy airliner, it would not be so detectable. The trick is to make the aircraft look real....like it has weight, density, weathered appropriately for the job it does on a daily bases, and made from the materials it was made from in real life.I use different setting of spectral lighting in fsds 2 for different aircraft, and I will also combine with an adjusted alpha channel, thereby the two effects should compliment each other.Best,Bob HayesEagleSoft VP

Well I would like to get a similar effect to that of the PSS dash. I am using gmax (well its actually 3dsmax5)Cheers James