Sign in to follow this  

Gauge masking

I've recently began making (or attempting to make) some xml gauges for flightsim. I have a basic idea of things but am by no means proficient. I've built most of the basic instruments including adding masks to certain ones like the altimeter window and the turn and bank. I'm stumped though on the cylinder head temp gauge as it isn't your normal gauge with a needle in the center. It is partially covered, with the needle partially behind the above cover.When I try to put the mask on it covers what it's supposed to fine but the needle does complete rotations rather than going to the assigned position on the gauge..remove the mask and it works fine. I've since tried masking other gauges with rotating needles and they do the same thing.However the mask over the ADI works great, along with the altimeter and T&B windows. Any suggestions on where I'm going wrong would be appreciated. Thanks Ted Scafe

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

For gauges that use graphics that don't extend beyond the gauge limits, using MaskImage is not needed. An ADI will move the horizon element below the gauge limit and MaskImage is therefore needed. Same with the altimeter strip or compass card. For a turn coordinator and cht gauges, putting a ring element further down in the list is sufficient.Try the following structure: - lighted.Needle - lighted.Ring and "mask" - nonlighted.The "mask" indicates that pixels have fully black 0,0,0 color and will be rendered as transparent. No Maskimage tag has to be used.