Sign in to follow this  

Important message To all G max (or max users)

Important message To all G max (or max users)A common mistake is to use a BOOLEAN command and keep working as nothing BAD happened And wonder why do I got 160000 poly model and so many smoothing problems U just cant do that and

Guest odog

Nice bit of advice.except for this... <<

Guest Milton

hehe I see Odog is up to some new tricks. :-)The panel is looking awesome!Milton

Guest PhLem

Yep, Joe is a very busy man. I too can't live without the boolean method. I have used other ways, but it takes ages to do. Joe's idea about the cookie cutter is a good one. I will give it a go the next time. I have also noticed that converting to editable poly makes less of a mess than edit mesh. This is also a great tip posted some time ago.Udo.:-wave

Guest Gangi

"Scrole down and Look at the modifier panel for UNHIDE Command"HeyI cant find that option... i find an button UNHIDE ALL but it doesnt let me click on it. so i cant see any new polys.Any ideas?Best regards,Aviel

Guys ...dont forget the "SHAPEMERGE" method !!It is MUCH easier and MUCH More flexible Brief tutorial or window cutting .. #1 Take your fuselage in SIDE VIEW and ensure it is Editable POLY#2 Create and adjust a SPLINE NGON to suit your window shape#3 Select Fuselage / Goto Compound object / Shapemerge then PICK SHAPE#4 The shape is "projected" onto the fuselage and CAN BE ADJUSTED !#5 Finally weld spurious vertices to create perfect window shape#6 Select Window Poly and extrude, bevel, detach, whatever you needHope this helps ?NOTE !! this is also an Excellent way of creating perfectly fitting Wingroots etc

Guest Fabio Miguez

Thanks, Graham.Always nice to see you around here, and even better when you provide some help!By the way, how is the Vulcan going?

Going real well thanks .. We should have it out ( AND earning money for Vulcan to the Sky ) in about 2 - 3 weeks .. the VC is UNREAL !:)Please Don't forget readers .. PSS are donating a full 50% -- FIFTY PERCENT -- To VTTS !!