Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Point by Excruciating Point ...

Guest Fly1

Well it appears the use of a mold to hammer out the shape of the cowling may just work (Previous Post). This is my first try at a cowl having complex curves, and boy it's tough. I've got the right side done, now to do the left. Anyone know of tutorials on doing complex cowls?CheersBob C.

Guest Fly1

OK, left side done now. Wow, this side was a lot easier. Finally getting a little more of an idea of how to work with edges.Making the cowl left side template, mirroring, then merging with original fuselage to relocate points has worked pretty well.Still I wish there was an easier way to get the textures to blend over a mirrored half, but I'll go with this method for the time being.Cheers!Bob C.

Guest odog

looks good. I'd suggest doing a search on Patch modeling for 3ds max. I dont use it often for FS but Im telling you its very handy for complex objects like that cowl. There's a car tutorial that shows how to make fenders and the front grill... good stuff, and relatively easy.joe

Guest Fly1

Thanks for the info Joe, I will check into it. I'm just glad to have the main part done. I will tweek a little as needed now. On to the wing fairing.By the way, the 195 is letting pretty good!!!CheersBob C.