Sign in to follow this  

Simple panel modification question

I am a new MSFS user and am attempting to make some simple gauge modifications to the Baron panel in order to more closely resemble my turbine powered Bonanza. I edited the Panel.cfg file to replace the Baron Manifold Pressure Gauge with the King Air torque gauge. The substitution worked, but the gauge does not respond with throttle changes. I now assume there must be more to this type of modification than just changing the gauge name. Am I biting off more than I can chew, or is there a way to get this sort of mod to work without getting into C++ programming?Thanks for any help.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

>I am a new MSFS user and am attempting to make some simple >gauge modifications to the Baron panel in order to more >closely resemble my turbine powered Bonanza. I edited the >Panel.cfg file to replace the Baron Manifold Pressure Gauge >with the King Air torque gauge. The substitution worked, but >the gauge does not respond with throttle changes. I now >assume there must be more to this type of modification than >just changing the gauge name.I am at work at the moment, so cannot check the exact syntax, but yes, there is more than simply changing the gauge. There is a parameter in the aircraft.cfg and/or .air file that needs to be set to tell FS2k2 that the model is turbine powered, rather than a recip engine. Without this parameter being set, you won't get any 'torque' data to drive the gauge.Check the aircraft.cfg for the Beech turbine to discover the parameter... :)