Sign in to follow this  
Guest InBetween

Afterburner problems

Hi !There are a couple of (military) aircraft that feature fantastic optical and acustical afterburner effect,but none (?) that really shows an increase in fuel flow and speed gain. Can someone recommend a good flightmodel (the optics dont' count !) of a military fighter that really has a !!working!! afterburner ? ? ? I have downloaded 8 aircraft with afterburner effects so far, but in noone it really seems to work (And i know how to activate them, they work excellently in the Concorde, but it looks a little bit stupid to fly her at 1000 ft AGL....;-)Thanks, J

Guest Ron Freimuth

>There are a couple of (military) aircraft that feature >fantastic optical and acustical afterburner effect,but none >(?) that really shows an increase in fuel flow and speed >gain. Can someone recommend a good flightmodel (the optics >dont' count !) of a military fighter that really has a >!!working!! afterburner ? ? ? I have downloaded 8 aircraft >with afterburner effects so far, but in noone it really >seems to work >Thanks, J

Thank you Ian, thanks Ron !I have already done a little bit of testing and changing parameters, especially the <1524> line gives a lot of possibilities to change the >M1.behaviour, and will certainly continue to do so. Thanks again for the help and the very detailed step-by-step responeses and I'm about to download tht T-38 right now !Bye, J

Guest InBetween

Jorg,There is an afterburner effect available for the FSD T-38 also,You can search the AVSIM library for "TBURNv2.zip" ...&l;JR&r;