Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

How to find datum (origin) from someone else's plane

Hello everyone.I am trying to better the AIR file dynamics from a recent release to the community, but I am stumped by the fact that I do not know where the datum of the plane is located. No, not the datum of the real plane. I mean the datum of the FS plane, so that I can make references to it such as position of the engines, main wing, bla bla bla.I think it would be impossible to realy modify anything without knowing this parameter.Is this data available somewhere in a file, or do I have to contact the designer?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Easy enough. Make a Light entry in the Cfg file, placing it at the datum but displaced in the vertical to show above the fuselage. This longitudinal position can then be viewed from above with Ctrl-S or Spotview. To find the vertical displacement, do the same thing but displace the light laterally to show outside the fuselage in side-view. Easier to do than explain really. example "light.x=3,0.0,0.0,6.0,fx_navred" and "light.x=3,0.0,5.0, 0.0,fx_navgre". Other points on the visual MDL can be similarly identified.Alex

Alex!What an ingenious solution! I will get right to it and find out where my datum is!Thank you so much for such a remarkable way of getting the result.