Sign in to follow this  
Shaka

FSDS Texturing Multiple parts

I tried following the multiple parts tutorial from FSDS and I keep getting the same result. For example, I am tryint to paint a fuselage and 2 doors. The doors always seem to end up with a smaller version of the fuselage painted on them. Anyone know why this is?Thanks

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You might want to look at the Texture properties for the part, and verify that you're assigning the right texture to the part. A mistake I've often made, is I've gone to edit the texture properties, but have forgotten to make the appropriate part current--thus assigning the wrong texture to the part.-JohnBTW... I'm offering unqualified advice here. I'm still quite a beginner. My first effort is in a thread below. Since I posted the pic last night, I've added wheel pants, tires, and gear struts. But alas, had to go to work this AM....

It seems that when you get the dialog box "Apply to all parts" you're not hitting "yes".The overall procedure, isMake the fuselage "current"Select the fuselage and your door parts.Assign the texture coordinates to the "fuselage" (your current) part.When you hit "enter" to confirm the texture assignment, you'll get the dialog box "assign to all parts or just current part" - choose "Yes" to assign to all parts.Your texture should now be assigned correctly to all parts.It sounds like you're selecting a door part as current and assigning the complete texture to it only.Hope this helps

I've been away on vacation, so my brain is still a bit "fried" but here it goes...There's two things that you may have forgotten:1. When you texture multiple parts, you have to select all the parts AND a dummy part (I just make a cube). The dummy part has to be the current part, so it is the one you are texturing. I think the tutorial describes this. After, you can delete the cube you made.2. I noticed that when texturing multiple parts, the axis of the part seems to affect how the texture is applied. This is noticable on parts like ailerons and flaps where you have to move the axis to make the animation look right. The fix is to not change those axis's until you have applied texture to the parts.- Martin