Sign in to follow this  
Guest John_Noppe

Texture (odd) problem, HELP please

Hi, Leon;Love those Fleets!Leon, how dark is the alpha channel? I have the L-17 Navion, which seems to show the aircraft in a typical, weathered Army fishish, dull aluminum with different shadings on various panels. In that case, there would not be to much reflection, as weathered aluminum becomes matte over time. A light alpha channel would be appropriate here. For a shinier finish, a darker alpha channel would be needed. The amount of reflection is controled by the alpha channel, not the exterior color.By the way, isn't that Navion terrific?Best;telephile

Guest John_Noppe

Well if the model of that plane is FSDS made then I have to disipoint you cuz only aircrafts made in Gmax and FSDS2 can have reflections.Greets out of Holland :-wave, John.

Oups, forgot, tought you might need to see the reflective textures on my Fleets.Thanks Leon Louis

Hello Mater Simmers,While making the repaint of the Navion, (after passing my saved texture via DXT program, tryin to get reflexions, which do not show up for some reason, I end up here with unasked for "Chrome call letters" The reflective textures I made for my Fleets are nice.The Call letters look ok, so I will leave them there. I have been trying for a long time now to make chrome or polished aluminum textures and do not understand it. Now I did it accidentally. So, I went back to try to do more, but cannot. I tried with the grey color specified on Brian Gladden's repaint kit for the Cessna 140, by painting the whole aircraft with this grey.Then, I went to DXT program and tried to save it in different ways but it remains dirty grey. I have read tutorials and still unable to do this. I know I am close.Please help. Thanks Leon Louisps: Also, how come I cannot make reflextive textures on the Navion like I did on the Fleets.