Sign in to follow this  

Freeware design utilities

Is there any good freeware panel and aircraft design utilities for FS2002? I tried to get FS panel editor and FSDS in the shops but failed.Thanks,Aer Solas MOS

For panels: Try www.cfgedit.com the pre of FS Panel Studio.For aircraft: Try gmax which is shipped with FS2002Pro or head over to www.discreet.com and download it.Etienne :-wave

Don't talk to me about gmax, I have tried so many times to work it, but I can't figure it out. I thought cfg editor did not work with FS2002?Thanks,

Well but FSDS is outdated. Alternatively you could choose FSDS2 but that's payware but you don't want any payware!Don't know about CfgEdit, haven't tried it with 2K2.

Actually, I have lot's of freeware panels from AVSIM for FS2002, and if you look at the panel.cfg file, it says that this .cfg file was created with cfg editor.

Guest FelixFFDS

FOr panels - I pass.For FS2002 aircraft - your "normal" choices are gmax, FSDS2, AD2002 - neither, including gmax is "free" - For gmax, you'd still need the converter dll that comes with FS2002 Professional Edition. FS-ACOF (FS2004) will include gmax and the converters - no "pro" versionyour alternative choices - *and I don't know how successful this has been*, would be to get a freeware 3D modelling program (recent graphics magazines have included free versions of Amapi3D 5.5, Caligari TrueSpace 3.5) and save as / convert their output to a DirectX format file and then use MS' makemdl.exe on it.Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

Thanks, I might take a look at them.Aer Solas MOSAer Solassolaer@eircom.net