Sign in to follow this  

Need help to merge an FMC to freeware panels.

I've never done any editing, so I was wondering if it's a lot of work to merge the DF 737 FMC (or even the 767 PIC FMC) to a 737-200 panel, an MD-80 panel or whatever. If it is, do any of you use a program which is similar to the aeral nav fitted on DC-9s and 737-200s, so I can fly via fixes? I tried the ACS-GPS, but I'm having trouble to get fixes for the whole world. It works great for Scandinavia though.Thanks in adcance,Christian H

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hi Chritian,The DF and PIC fmc's were created for their specific packages, so you are out of luck if you want to use them with a completely different type of air liner. The creators programmed their fmc's to function within the parameters of the aircrafts weights and specs. This question has been asked many times on the PIC forums because many want to use the PIC panel with 757 aircraft and although you will get some functionality, everything else will be way off ie: vrefs, fuel useage etc etc. In the end any kind of realism will suffer greatly and so far no one has tried hacking either PIC or DF's fmc's and that wouldn't be legal anyway. One more quick note. The 737-200 wasn't fitted with fmc's except for a few of the last 737-200 adv's that rolled out in the very early 80's just before the 733 came on to the scene and some of those flight decks were almost identical to the 733's and I believe that was a carrier option and an expensive one at that.Regards,Van LatendresseYeoDesigns Panel/FDE Designer

Hello Chritian.The only freeware Fmc I know is made By Tony D'ambrosio.This Fmc is in my 737_400 panel, with his agrement.You should download it here.Name: SNC_737_4.zip.Works Fine with FS Nav 4.Way points, fix, speed and altitude.You also could search it here by the Tony's name.So, if you download my baby, You could see how I does it.Regards. Jean Claude Seznec.