Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

I still don't get it... how do you do it?

I have tried alot of different things, and none of them seem to work too well. I want to know how to cut out a winshield in FSDS2. I've seen the window cutting tutorial a hundred times, but it dosen't mention anything about a winshield. I can cut windows fine when it's on the side of the plane, but when it curves around to the front... that's where I get the trouble. How do I cut a window that curves from the side to the front like that???? Thanks!

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Justin.Although I have experience with 3ds (gmax's bigger brother), I have never designed aircraft in it. But here is what I imagine should be done to cut a fornt window that wraps around:Let's call the pieve you will use to cut the fuselage the operator.I would first start with a basic shape, maybe a cylinder, maybe a box. I'd then use a front view from a three-view drawing as a bacground, and edit the points on my operator to match the shape of the front window. I'd then slide the operator into the fuselage, and use the top view with a top view background to see how deep I'd go (you know, just deep enough that the window woul wrap to the side and stop where the real one does).I think it is easier done than said. Sort of hard to explain. But see if you get what I am trying to say, and give it a shot. If you don't, I can try and put some screenshots up. I just ask that you try it first, for I am working hard writing gauges at the moment, so my free time is basically non-existent ;-).