Sign in to follow this  
Guest jordan

Virtual cockpit... Do i need more programs than FSDS2?

I would very much like to make my own virtual cockpits. From whati've read, it seems that FSDS2 is the way to go.But before i pay $49 i just wanted to make sure:Do i need any other (nonfree) software to make a virtual cockpit?$49 is almost to much in itself in my view!FSDS2 and GMax should be enough, am i correct?Thomas.

You don't even need GMAX to make a virtual cockpit in FSDS 2.... About the only thing FSDS 2 won't do for you, is make gauges. But neither can GMAX--gauge making is a programming effort.I have a Microlight I recently did in FSDS 2.... It took about four hours of effort--it was my first project, and I have never made an aircraft before. Feel free to download it from the file library--just do a search under "Microlight" and author name "Cillis"...Although I didn't build a virtual cockpit, in a sense, I did. The wings for example can be viewed from the cockpit...., and that trick uses the V/C feature.... In my update that I'm currently working on, it will have a full V/C... Tutorials come with FSDS 2 that walk you through the process...Brian Gladden's 140 is perhaps a more detailed example of what FSDS 2 can do. Jon Murchison has a BAE 146 done in FSDS 2.... It's a classic....The money I spent on FSDS 2 has been the most entertaining $49 I've ever spent--except for the moment my wife noticed an odd charge on our credit card bill :)

FSDS2 seems to work fine by itself, except for gauges.Well worth the cost over a little time.Best;telephile

Guest jordan

Get a good graphics editor. I prefer Photoshop, but many others use Paint Shop Pro. You'll need this for when you get to the point where you need to put your own textures together.