Sign in to follow this  
Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Database?

I do a fair amount of panel tweaking and modification and have found it very frustrating and time consuming to "find" gauges in my gauges folder, my download folder and on the 'net according to use and visual characteristics. Many gauges are appropriately named, but many are not, many are buried in .cab files and hard to find, some come from FS2000 and FS98, etc. Has anyone put together a database of popular gauges that allows searching according to function, filename, application (aircraft type), and perhaps visual description? I'd kill for a start on such a list if one is available. How often do you recall "just the right gauge" for your application but can't remember where you have it?Mike Davis

Guest A_Delta_Sierra

Along the same lines.Just started looking hard at the RPN and xml again and why anyone except a person who knows C/C++ would use anything else puzzles me.Even more so, why aren't people using the Comment label? A lot of the gauges that I am using probably came from aircraft that state in the readme they can not be used with any thing else or at least give them credit.That is all fine and dandy, except when I have over 2000 gauges to select from, and not finding one remark/comment within the gauge xml files on who created it, makes giving credit a bit of a challenge. Best that can presently be done is to say thank you to all of the people that I still have the aircraft file. Will miss some, because we delete many of our downloads. This solution is too big of a job for me, so if I use your gauge and don't say thanks, well, now you know why.The point is:Comments can be used in the xml file. Use it to get your name and useage limits to your users.Arnie -- Can you add something to this effect to your FAQs?Regards,Bob, A Delta SierraSee http://www.rainer-otter.de/fighterslang.htm for "Delta Sierra"