Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly1

Legacy Kneecapped, Gmax Application Error's ...

Guest Fly1

I have been working on the Legacy project for three months, and now have reached a point where all I get is "Application Error, Program will shut down now". I have roughly 18K vertices and 25K faces, and the Gmax version is 1.02.I am using an AMD XP2700+ with 512 meg of PC2700 memory, and at least 3 gig left on the hard drive partition used for virtual mem. OS is 98SE. Smooth sailing till now.At this point it will occur when opening the file and making first visual changes, i.e. zoom, rotate view. I have taken portions of the project out to a smaller file, and it will happen again. Even tried deleting suspicious parts, no go. I am wondering if it is part related, file size related, or mem related. New memory. Any comments would be appreciated. Based on my system, what would be the best memory checking software?It is really frustrating to have put this much work into the project, just to be stopped dead in my tracks. Ugggggggh!!!!!!!!!!And yes, I have also posted this in the Gmax forum. Thanks in advance!!Bob C.

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Bob.Have you tried overwriting the Legacy files in the AIRCRAFT folder under FS2002 with previous versions of the Legacy? It might be that some change you made in you last iterations is causing it.

Guest Fly1

Hey Fabio,Works fine in FS once exported.A comment on the Gmax forum suggested graphics driver change. I am suspicious of new part's, but it seems to also relate to the increased size of the file, which can effect several things.Oh well, just a little more problem solving. CheersBob C.

Guest S_pitts

I had several error of this kind when I was working on my project and I solved them by either deleting an offensive material that sometimes had a lower then 100 opacity level or deleting a suspicious part or detaching it from itselfI did notice those problems aren't random and if you encounter them try to go back to an earlier stage and merge updated parts back into the earlier version. Sometimes the versions in the autoback directory are enough some times they aren't

Guest Fly1

Yes, I think I have narrowed it down to a new object created recently. Luckily it is a fairly easy work around. Still testing though.Onward through the fog.Bob C.