Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fabio Miguez

Anyone maybe doing a citation x?

Guest tavuslokus

Greetings, I've been trying for the last day to learn how to build up my own Citation X since there aren't any up to date technology models or textures available in any of the freeware sites. I've found G-max 3d modeling hard for newbies on the area like myself, but hour to hour I managed to add little bits to the plane...maybe one day it'll be finished.In the meantime I was wondering if any other designers, more experienced of course, are planning on a 3D model no matter what design tool used for that Cessna Citation X so I don't have to fly the oldie one around. Thnx,TavoPS-here's a little pic of my work so farhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6507.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Hey Tavo.Looking good, man, keep it up! Ifyou need help, let us know.

Chuck Dome came out with an FSDS 2 Citation X a while back.... It doesn't have a lot of bells & whistles, but from the outside it looks very nice, I think.-John

Guest tavuslokus

Well, I was still looking around for this plane and just found out the same, let's say "old" 3d models for the Cessna Citation X, so after a while I got a little more patience today, started reading again and designing. Here's what we've got so far, maybe tomorrow I'll get a grip on those surface controls thing and we could even have engines up...who knows!Cya'll and thnx for replies,Tavohttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/6699.jpg

Guest Fabio Miguez

Good work Tavo.For the nose, it seems like you ould use some smoother curves. To add cross sections to the cylinder you started with, if they are not already there, make sure the cylinder is either a Mesh or a Polygon (you can right click over the part and transform it into either a Poly or a Mesh, both Editable) and then go to 1 - Modify Tab2 - Select any submode, like Vertex, or Polygon, from the submenu iside this tab (there should be 5 buttons to chose from, just press any of them, no one in particular)3 - Click on Slice Plane (scroll up and down to find it)4 - Move the Slice Plane like you'd move any other part around, by clicking on the move button on the toolbar on top, then clicking and dragging (you can also rotate it in any axis if you need to)5 - Position it where you wanna add another cross section. As you may have thought, it would be very advisable to add this cross section orthogonal to the longitudinal axis of the aircraft, so it matches the orientation of every other cross section, but you are not restricted to that. (You can always make non-aligned cuts if you think it will help your modelling, but be advised, you might get weird shading in some polys, and have to fix that later)6 - After positioning the slice plane where you want (the program shows you where the new vertices will be created before cutting), click on the Cut (maybe it is called Slice) button, just by the Slice Plane buttonAnd there you go, a new cross section added so you can better shape your nose, your tail cone, or any other part of the fuse. Try using this on your current nose and giving it a smoother shape. Bear in mind all these instructions might be a little off because I use 3ds, not gmax, so some things may be in a different place, or be called a different name.Let me know if it worked, or if you need more help.