Sign in to follow this  
Guest CX330_CPA Virtual

An A340 won't rotate at correct speeds...

Helo all,The air file ive been able to produce using the Flight model workbook for and A340-300 using the is just great (in it's beta status), except for one little problem that i've completely helpless to resolve.Here is an issue..An A340 with GW of 571,000 should rotate at 155 kts. In my case it completely refuses to do so, until about 175 kts.Now, could someone just point me in the right direction with this? Which records or maybe tables i should be looking at to fix this? Or why is the airplane doing this? One thing i can tell is that i used all the correct reference data and dimentions for controll surfaces. Except for maybe Roll vs Airspeed table data, and the airfoil data.Does anyone know which airfoil type is used on the A340? For this i had to make an assumption and use the same type as it is used on the GIV, for the root and the tip.I appreciate any help in advance.Regards.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Hey CX330 CPA Virtual.One simple thing you might want to check is the trim setting. With wrong trim settings, a real plane would require unusually high yoke forces to rotate, or not rotate at all.So it doesn't hurt to try and move the trim up a bit before the takeoff, and try it again.

Check over at AVHISTORY for the airfoil help ... I couldn't find the specific link for that data as I just upgraded my computer.http://www.avhistory.org/scripts/MegaBBS/f...w.asp?forumid=5I use the spreadsheet as well to generate tables specific to my aircraft and engine/props. It does that very well. It will be up to you however to get the CoG correct and properly place the fuel load and main gear relative to that.If trim doesn't do it for you, then double check the CoG placement, main gear re: CoG (12" will make a big difference), incidence for tail plane, and tail plane area.Also rec 400 dealing with lift vs ground effect may be a consideration. I do not know if that record is still used though.Good luck.Milton

I see.. yeah sound good... thx a lot. Trying :-)