Sign in to follow this  
Guest AndrewW

Increase fuel burn and some flight dynamic issues...

[fontsize=-1]I have an airfile that a friend has been working on for some time now. The aircraft is pretty much on the numbers, except for the fuel burn rate

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

You could increase the fuel flow scalar in the aircraft.cfg to get it just right. I have sometimes done this, as sometimes it's impossible to juggle all the parameters to get things "just right". This is especially true in a sim, which is why the scalars help out (if not used too much)... -John

[fontsize=-1]Thanks for your reply John, I'm just having a look at this now, and it looks like, with a little testing and tweaking that it's exactly what I was looking for. :)Andrew[/font]

The fuel flow scalar is the answer as mentioned.The elevator issue sounds like mach tables kicking in but you do not mention your speed.Search the library here for AFSD test gauges. You get real time feedback on all sorts of parameters.Here's the readme content:Advanced Flight Simulator Data (AFSD). Will give you access to most of the simulator data (speeds, weights, fuel, environment, engine, aerodynamical parameters, navaids info) ; also include an autoland module. Please read the enclosed AFSD.PDF file for a complete description. Requires VB5 runtime files, FSUIPC version 2.87 or above and Adobe Acrobat reader to read and print the pdf documentation. Freeware by Herv

Many thanks Milton, The elevator issue kicks in around M1.7, between FL430 and FL500 - above this it appears to be very stable. I have AFDS somewhere, so I'll have a look and see if that shows anything...Thanks again for your help. Andrewhttp://forums.avsim.com/user_files/9941.jpg